Monday, March 2, 2009

Aidan Baker & Tim Hecker - Fantasma Parastasie (2008)


When I heard about a collaboration between Aidan Baker and Tim Hecker, two of my favourite ambient/drone (or whatever genre you think they are) artists, I could barely contain my excitement. In a way, I feel I am a little let down by Fantasma Parastasie, maybe due to my high expectation of this album. Yes, you get the signature guitar drone of Baker and the electronic synth, hiss and cackle of Hecker. Separately, these two artists create phenomenal music, but it seems like something is missing on this collaboration. Anyways, this is still a good album if you are a fan of these artists but in my opinion, a little underwhelming effort.

Track Listing
  1. Phantom On A Pedestal - 5:50
  2. Hymn To The Idea Of Night - 5:19
  3. Auditory Spirits - 3:44
  4. Skeleton Dance - 3:02
  5. Gallery Of The Invisible Woman - 7:18
  6. Dream Of The Nightmare - 4:20
  7. Fantasma-Parastasie - 4:50
Download: Rapidshare
Discogs: Link
Purchase: Alien8

No comments: